Friday, October 11, 2013

Welcome! Show Me App

My principal asked me about setting up a blog in order to share information about technology we are using at school. I am the technology integration mentor at Monrovia Elementary School. I am also a 5th grade teacher. This is my 13th year teaching and I've been in 5th grade all but 3 of those years. Some people find it hard to believe but I taught 1st grade my first three years of teaching.

I love using technology with my students and also sharing with other teachers. I have been sharing many things on my classroom blog: Mrs. White's Fifth Grade Class

So, I'm going to share one of my favorite apps for the iPad called ShowMe.



I love this app and have used it many time to explain math concepts to parents and as review for students. Last year we were doing long division and I showed the students the partial quotient method. One of my students came back the next day and said his mom said he was doing it all wrong. So I decided to make a video to teach everyone the new method.


I've also used this app to allow students to record and explain different things. Want to see one we made this week? Gianna explains close reading in math.



You can also search the videos other people have made. Want to see some of my other videos? You can follow me! http://www.showme.com/MWhiteMES

No comments:

Post a Comment